Tuesday, May 9, 2017

First Post of the Year – Makeup Finds + Favorites

Ahh, my first post of the year. Hello ladies, what's been keeping you busy? Find any more makeup to play with? I have a few fab finds I'd love to tell you about. I wish I've found out about them sooner. It would have saved me quite a bit of money if I've found out about them a long time ago but then you know how it is when you are just starting to get interested in makeup. You start with a few lip balms, a few pressed powder and maybe some clear mascara from Avon. You dab a bit here and there, admire yourself in front of the mirror but realizing you're really not quite there yet, you find yourself exploring and trying on some more. That's how it started for me. And now here I am, years later. I promised myself, I'm not going to buy any more lipstick. I'm not going to buy any more foundation. I'm not going to buy any more shiny stuff. Meh. Stop fooling yourself. Makeup is an addiction. There's no cure to it. It keeps US sane. You agree with me, don't you?

So here goes. First makeup find is Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in the shade 54 Beige. I have really oily skin. NO, scratch that! I am an oily mess of a human being so looking for the right foundation can actually be quite tricky. My go-to foundation for a long time now has been and still is, Ellana Loose Mineral Foundation in the shade Radiant. I love it and I use it everyday. But I heard so many good things about Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation that I just have to try it and so I did. The result? AMAZING.

I love the semi-matte finish. I love that it makes my face look so radiant and glowing and healthy. Alas, it's not for us lovely ladies with oily skin type. Too bad really. I was so thrilled with the result. It was so lightweight and I really love how it made my face glow. Sadly, it lasted only for two solid hours and then after that, I started looking like melted butter. Did I throw it away? Nope! I tried the foundation again and again and again. I tried it with different primers–to find out which one I should pair it with. Then I tried different setting powders–to find out which one helps with oil better. I need to find out if I can make this foundation work for me and I am glad I did.

Ellana Loose Mineral Foundation still is my top choice when it comes to foundation. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation is a close second. Third goes to Hard Candy Glamoflauge Mix-in Pigment Makeup Drops which is another one of my makeup finds this year. I have the shade Light 3 which to be honest is too light for me. I have to mix it with a darker shade foundation so I can use it.



Hard Candy Glamoflauge Mix-in Pigment Makeup Drops, based on the reviews I read from other beauty bloggers, is a dupe to Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops. I don't have it and I have never tried it but I can point you to a few detailed makeup reviews to help you decide whether you should buy it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment