Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Review: L'Oreal Glossy Balm in Petite Plum

I love lipstick. I wear a lot of nudes, browns, nothing bolder than the occasional red. Lately, I find myself drawn to plum. Dark, mysterious, mesmerizing.What is it about the color that enchants me so? It's not my everyday kind of color. I rarely go to parties. I don't go to the mall often enough. I can't even remember the last time I went on a night out so come to think of it, I've really no excuse to wear one but just for tonight, I wore it special just for you guys *wink wink*


The products I used (applied in order):

Eyebrows: Etude Drawing Pencil No. 3  (My current favorite. I'm totally giving up my Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade *in Chocolate* and will instead be buying more of these pencils. Why? This pencil makes the most natural looking eyebrows ever! Just look at that arch. I find this pencil very handy for shaping and filling my eyebrows. I should know. I have really short brows!)

Moisturizer: Pond's Flawless White Brightening Night Cream (I got all Pond's products listed here from my March BDJ Box)

Face:
Naturactor Concealer Foundation No. 151
Pond's Flawless White Ultra Luminous Serum
Ellana Loose Foundation in Cafe Mocha
Ben Nye Banana Powder

Highlighter/Bronzer: Revlon Highlighting Palette in Bronze Glow

Contour: TheBalm Bahama Mama

Blush: Ever Bilena Blush in Amethyst (my everyday blush)

And on my lips! :-) ....L'Oreal Glossy Balm in Petite Plum

Let me tell you why I LOVE this lip product

1 - I love the texture. It glides quite smoothly on the lips like it's made of butter.
2 - The color. It's not the darkest of plums, definitely wearable. Daytime and afternoons.
3 - Feels light. Not heavy on the lips at all.
4 - Very moisturizing on the lips so yes, two thumbs up.
5 - No scent. A big plus in my book.
6 - It's just the right amount of glossy, not overwhelming at all. I'd hate looking like I just had Chicken Adobo. There are lippies that make my lips look like I had exactly that for lunch. Haha.
7 - I love that it is shaped like it is. Like a crayon. It's handy to hold and really easy to apply.

Is there anything I don't like about the product?

The color payoff is great but it lasts only for an hour at the most, which means I will have to reapply if I want to keep my lips looking fresh like in the photo.

Buy again?  YES. I would love to try another color, maybe MLBB, something along that line.

This isn't the first plum lippie I have in my stash. I got two other plum shades I'll be showing you in the next couple of days and then right after that, I will be doing individual reviews of all the makeup products I have listed above, like a blog series, only better.

I hope that you enjoyed this post.

Until my next one! :-)

GenTM




No comments:

Post a Comment